Tioman Group Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check the web page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018 Tioman Group Ltd. a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You are being sent a copy of this privacy notice because you are a partner, subscriber to services and newsletter. It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of keeping you updated with the news about the company and activities we provide, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). GDPR is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC) The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Effective May 25, 2018
Table of Contents:
1. SCOPE AND APPLICATION: What and who this Policy covers.
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION: The sources of and methods by which we, our service providers and our advertisers collect information from and about you, including information about your interaction with the Tioman Group Ltd. Services.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE: How we use the information we collect from and about you, and who we might share it with and why.
4. SECURITY: How we protect your information from loss or misuse.
5. USER ACCESS AND CONTROL: How you can access and control the information we maintain about you.
6. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Other things you should know about this Policy and how we handle your information.
7. THE GDPR AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”): What we are doing to meet the obligations of the General Data Protection Regulation and other important information for individuals in the EEA.
8. CONTACT US: How to contact us about this Policy.
1. Scope and Application
2. Collection of Information
Information You Provide Directly to Tioman Group Ltd:
If you are interested in obtaining information, products or services from to Tioman Group Ltd, or participating in certain activities through the Services, you may need to provide us or our service providers with information about yourself. For example:
- If you register for a Service, receive a newsletter, or get information about to Tioman Group Ltd events, you may be asked for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and other information.
- If you participate in an activity such as a survey, you may be asked for your name, email address and birth date, and also to provide other types of information such as gender and personal interests, which may be associated with other personal information that has been obtained from or about you.
Information We May Collect Automatically
In addition to information you choose to provide to us, Tioman Group Ltd and our service providers also use standard technologies to automatically collect certain additional information. For example:
IP Address and Other Identifiers
When you access and interact with our Services, Tioman Group Ltd and our service providers may collect information about your visits in order to permit you to connect to and obtain the Services and to understand the frequency with which specific visitors visit various parts of our Services. For example, we may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access the Services, or information about your browser type, authentication identifiers, and other software and hardware information. If you access the Services through a mobile or other device we may collect your mobile device identifier, geolocation data (including your precise location), or other transactional information for that device. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected to make our Services and our communications to you more targeted to your interests.
Social Media Information and Content
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Third Party Tracking
Third parties that support the Services by serving advertisements or providing services, such as allowing you to share content or tracking aggregate the Services usage statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information when you use the Services (such as websites and emails). These third parties may also use these technologies, along with activity information they collect, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile device and a laptop or other computer. Tioman Group Ltd does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (such information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise.
3. Use and Disclosure
Tioman Group Ltd and our service providers may use information that we collect from and about you for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To maintain and manage your account, deliver content and services that you request, improve the Services and enhance your experience on our Services;
- To communicate with you about the content and Services or other products, content or services in which you may be interested, or to respond to your inquiries or comments;
- To contact you. Tioman Group Ltd may periodically send notifications related to the Services such as notifications of changes to the Services or policies;
- To deliver relevant advertising and marketing. The information may also be used to deliver more relevant advertising to you across marketing channels, including email. If you would like to opt-out of such ad networks’ and services’ advertising practices and you want to stop receiving Tioman Group Ltd promotional materials, you can contact or follow the unsubscribe instructions in our communications;
- To complete a merger or sale of assets. If Tioman Group Ltd sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings), Tioman Group Ltd may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction; or in accordance with your consent.
- To perform business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and the products and services we offer;
In order to make our content and Services more interesting and relevant to you, we may use the information we collect from and about you to make inferences and predictions about your potential areas of interest. When the information collected from or about you does not identify you as a specific person, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- With entities that help us to manage and provide the Services, including development of our websites and applications, maintenance and support, personalization, payment processing, email distribution, measurement and improvement, sweepstakes/contest administration, booking, fulfillment and promotions management, only to the extent that these entities need the information to perform their services or as required by law;
- With identified entities whose products or services you specifically use or request to receive while you use the Services;
- Tioman Group Ltd and its Affiliates, service providers, business partners and other individuals described above, may be located outside of your country of residence, including, among others, in the United States (Canada and EEA). These countries may have different data protection regimes than is found in the country where you are based.
4. Information Security
We take a number of commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures designed to safeguard information in our possession from loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. We do not sell, exchange or trade in any way, any of Your personal information.
5. User Access and Control
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your personal information you have previously provided directly to us, you may contact us using the mechanisms provided below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
You may opt out of having your personal information used or disclosed for certain purposes.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these emails be clicking “Unsubscribe” or “Update my Preferences” at the bottom of any marketing email you receive or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you would prefer that we do not share your personal information on a going-forward basis with business partners for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing contacting .
If you continue to receive our communications in error after expressing an opt-out preference, please let us know so that we can investigate the situation.
If you are under 18 and a registered user of the Services, you may request removal of content or information that you have publicly posted to the Services. To make such a request, please contact email@example.com . Please identify “privacy” in the description of your request and select “User Content Removal” as the option that best describes your type of inquiry. Please also provide your name, email address, and a detailed description of your content removal request in the designated spaces. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user. There may also be circumstances where the law does not allow removal of your content even if requested.
6. Other Important Information
Location of Data
Remember that even after you ask us to delete your personal information, copies of some information from your account may remain viewable in some circumstances where, for example, you have shared information with social media or other services. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancellation or your request for deletion, for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security or record keeping policies. It may is not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information due to technical constraints or, contractual, financial or legal requirements.
Collection of Personal Financial Information by a Payment Service
7. THE GDPR And Information Individuals in the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the Services are targeted to you, please note:
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new comprehensive data protection law that updates existing EU laws to strengthen the protection of “personal data” (any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, so called “data subjects”) in light of rapid technological developments, the increasingly global nature of business and more complex international flows of personal data. The GDPR replaces the current patchwork of national data protection laws with a single set of rules, directly enforceable in each EU member state. The GDPR takes effect on May 25, 2018.
We may need to collect and process the types of Personal Information listed above in order to provide the Services to you or because we are legally required to do so. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the Services. We may use the Personal Information for our legitimate business interests, including those listed above.
If you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company, you may contact:
Regarding the section entitled “Data Retention” in Section 6, above: We keep your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you; (ii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iii) as advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority competent for your country or region.
Ravenscourt House, 322A King St, Hammersmith, London W6 0RR, UK